Ready to start a career working with the top retailers in the nation! We are looking for value-driven leaders who want to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. Our headquarters outside of Chicago, IL serve the U.S., Canada, and International partners.
Sennco Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Procurement Buyer to source, negotiate, and buy goods, materials, and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements. Responsibilities include researching vendors/item selections, negotiating with suppliers, and taking inventory of current goods and materials. A Procurement Buyer performs market research, product tests, and evaluations to accomplish these tasks. It is also the responsibility of a Procurement Buyer to ensure proper delivery of the orders and work cross-functional with other departments. Ultimately, you will create and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure quality merchandise and on-time deliveries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds, maintains, and manages supplier relationships.
- Researches market trends, competitor strategies, and market suppliers.
- Compiles data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Evaluates contracts to identify business savings opportunities utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Provides analysis of costs, new and existing, and reviews cost reduction activities.
- Prepares requests for quotes and proposals, including specifications, supporting spreadsheets, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications; issues purchase orders.
- Contacts suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
- Maintains data, files, reports, and price lists on assigned commodities.
- Provides liaison between vendors and departments for order status, procurement procedures, and problem resolution; communicates supply issues that may impact business operations.
- Assists the accounting department in validating, reconciling, and receiving reports, vendor invoices, and other payment documents.
- Maintains records per policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
- Tracks orders to ensure timely delivery and review the quality of purchased products.
- Expedites shipping and deliveries, maintains inventories, monitors usage inconsistencies, price changes, and back orders as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information, problem-solve, and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of cost analysis techniques and vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, and liaising with vendors).
- Negotiating skills.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of Buyer/Purchasing experience (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent industry certifications.
- Proven ability to recognize opportunities for operational improvement for implementation.
- Proven strategic negotiating experience to come to terms that both parties find acceptable.
- Previous experience with purchasing and inventory management.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.